Many have asked what we do and why we do it. The why we do what we do is most important to us. We are Reclaiming a dream. We decided to take something we were passionate about and share our vision with others. Through this journey we hope to inspire others to Reclaim their dreams.
Our passion is simple. We hope that comes through in our slogan, Saving America’s Heritage one Barn at a Time.
It is always our hope to save as many heritage barns as possible. It is through hard work, grants, donations, discounts, and support that we hope to do that. We know that not all barns can or will be saved, and that is why we deconstruct those that can no longer stay standing. Through deconstruction we are able to pass along the reclaimed lumber through our store to those that will create items of their own or sell our handmade pieces to those that will cherish them and their heritage.
These are some of the reasons why we do what we do.
1. We love the heritage that these old barns contain and saving that heritage is so important to us.
2. So many days of our lives have and still are spent creating great memories in barns.
3. Farming is a love and our family barns contain so many memories for us of time on the farm.
4. The old wood and its character are irreplaceable and will someday be a thing of the past.
5. Hearing the history that families share with us as we deconstruct a building for them that has been in their family for as long as their family has owned the land is priceless. One goal is to pass along as many of these stories with the lumber as possible.
6. Being able to pass along the heritage that the reclaimed lumber contains through sales give us more opportunity to supply it to those that love it as much as we do but have no other access to it.
7. Giving back to those that need help keeping their heritage barn alive through donations allows us to support the saving of barns through the sales we generate.
8. Through assisting in the deconstruction of barns so they can be relocated, allows us to help save that history and keep the barns standing.
9. Instead of letting the barns rot or fall to the ground we can deconstruct them one board at a time and save their heritage from being lost and share it with those that love it too.
10.We are creating a grant to give once a year to someone that wants to save their heritage barn. A portion of our handmade products and lumber sales will be used for this grant and is another way we are giving back.
11. We create handmade pieces using reclaimed lumber so the character and heritage from the reclaimed lumber can live on and bring joy to families for years to come.
12.It is our hope that through our sharing of our journey of Reclaiming our dreams and visions that we will spark others to Reclaim their dreams and visions as well.
13. The handmade pieces that we create need to be sturdy and able to endure just as the barns did. They have to be something we are proud to create and show our dedication to quality.
14. Connecting a community that loves the heritage the barns contain, the beauty in handmade pieces, and a desire to Reclaim their dreams is what we are passionate about.
What we do is not nearly as important as why we do it. Reclaiming a dream and helping others Reclaim theirs will always be our focus. Through Reclaimed Barns and Beams we hope to do that.
Thank you for your continued support as we make this journey together, and Save America's Heritage, one Barn at a Time.
Angie and Lisa